FASTSIGNS® of Washington, DC
617-F Rhode Island Ave NE Washington, DC, 20002
Are you highly motivated, detail oriented, and creative? Are you up for a challenge, eager to learn, and passionate about design? Do you want to put your artistic skills to work for an established and fast-growing company? If so, we’re looking for talented and inspired candidates who are focused on teamwork, task completion, and customer satisfaction. If you are looking for a rewarding career in graphic design, not just another job, then come join our team as a Graphic Designer!
As a Graphic Designer, your primary responsibility will be to create computer generated vinyl and/or full color graphics output that can be weeded, cut, and applied or printed and mounted to a substrate. You will work closely with customers to ensure complete satisfaction with the final product. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and who is determined to make every project his or her absolute best. In addition to graphic design roles, you will be expected to help with sign production and fabrication as needed.
- Schedules the center's workflow
- Works with co-workers and customers with file transfers, FTP access, photo library options, online proofs, etc.
- Prepares comprehensive illustrations, sketches, layouts, and copy for print reproduction according to instructions of client or supervisor
- Inspects jobs for accuracy before sending them to the plotter or printer
- Performs customer logo maintenance and sourcing
- Creates proofs and sends to customers using the online proofing system
- Performs daily/weekly computer back-ups
- Maintains all equipment including computers, plotters, and printers
- Maintains accurate electronic and paper records
- Helps unload raw materials and cleans and maintains storage areas
- Works on different projects simultaneously
- Helps in the production area as needed
- Loads materials on/into printer and/or laminator, which may require some heavy lifting
- Establishes and maintains effective team relationships with all support departments
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- High school diploma or GED required; advanced education degree preferred
- Strong PC and Mac skills and internet, publishing software, and sign production software skills
- Previous service business experience desired
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively and efficiently organize, prioritize, and manage clients, team members, and work
- Needs Knowledge of Creative Suites
If qualified and interested in this position, please apply here.